Senior I.T. Specialist with multiple professional certifications, numerous work performance awards, leadership experience, and more than 18 years of professional work experience.
Responsibilities have included managing and supporting a teams of developers and system administrators, application development, server administration, multimedia production, and system design, maintenance, and support across a wide spectrum of organizations such as:
* Rio Tinto
* Western Australia’s Department of Housing (DOH)
* Public Trustee of Western Australia (PTWA)
* Western Australia’s Department Attorney General (DoTAG)
* Western Australia’s Department of Justice (DOJ)
* U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
* U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
* U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
* UUNET / MCI Worldcom
* Loral AeroSys / Lockheed Martin
* Reinvented Western Australia’s Department of Housing’s business intelligence framework architecture with multiple C# and SQL components to maximize the use of parallel processing.
* Assisted in the conversion of PTWA’s primary client information system from Cobol/Oracle to .NET Windows application with an SQL backend.
* Programmed and supported multiple systems for Western Australia’s DOJ including the Integrated Court Management System (ICMS), Fines and Enforcement Registry (FER), and Electronic Transcript Request System (ETRS)
* Designed and developed systems to support the mission of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Customs and Border Protection division including web-based applications used by the Assistant Commissioners of the U.S. Customs Service to monitor all ongoing U.S. Customs projects.
* Appointed principle web developer to design and implement the “Highwaynet” website which was tied into the Virginia Department of Transportation’s (VDOT) highway cameras to provide live traffic video feeds to paid subscribers.
* Developed part of the java-based desktop user interface supporting the IRS Tax System Modernization (TSM) initiative.
* Installed hardware, laid network cables, and programmed components of the Hubble Space Telescope Ground System located at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center.
* HTML / DHTML
* CSS Style Sheets
* Visual Basic .NET
* Visual Basic (VB) Script
* Active Server Pages (asp)
* ASP .NET
* Java Server Pages (jsp)
SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports, Web Trends
Windows, Unix / Linux, Mac OS, Amiga
Sony Vegas Pro, Roxio Video Wave
Visual Studio, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, DVD Architect
IGNIA 2012 - Present
Consultant Perth, Australia
* Designed a multitude of SQL and C# components for Western Australia’s Department of Housing to support parallel processing within their business intelligence framework.
* Significantly increased speed and the overall performance Western Australia’s Department of Housing’s SQL Servers’ stored procedures and C# applications through significant code rewrites and database optimizations.
* Wrote numerous design and functional documents for Rio Tinto.
* Developed and implemented a variety of SQL Reporting Services reports for Rio Tinto.
* Enhanced and maintained Decmil’s multiple ASP .Net production and business critical websites.
Market United 2011 - 2012
Technical Director Subiaco, Perth, Australia
* Managed and Supported a Team of developers and system administrators.
* Supervised the delivery of a variety of applications, websites, and campaigns to clients.
* Participated in scoping sessions with clients, architecting technical solutions, and liased with Account Managers, Designers, and supporting developers to deliver high quality code to challenging deadlines.
Unisys Corporation 2002 - 2011
Senior Consultant Perth, Australia
Senior Software Engineer Springfield, Virginia
Western Australia’s Public Trustee (PTWA) / Department of the Attorney General (DoTAG) / Department of Justice (DOJ)
* Assisted in the conversion, support, and development of MATE .NET for PTWA.
* Reviewed and provided technical feedback on tender responses.
* Scoped out project designs and produced multiple design documents.
* Maintained DoTAG’s Fines and Enforcement Registry (FER) using C# and VB .NET.
* Implemented SQL Transactional Replication between critical servers.
* Optimized numerous SQL stored procedures to significantly increase performance.
* Designed and programmed the interface to DOJ’s Electronic Transcript Request System (ETRS) used by personnel to request and/or upload transcripts and view information related to court proceedings from Civil and Criminal Court up through the Supreme Court using ASP.NET and PHP.
* Organized multiple “team building outings” and produced videos.
US Customs Office of Information Technology (OIT), Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
* Automated US Customs’ Online Project tracking And Reporting (OPAR) website using ASP, VB Script, and Microsoft Access. Ported the system to WebSphere, Java Server Pages, and Oracle for inclusion into the DHS network architecture.
* Used Crystal Reports to dynamically create and automate multiple views, data charts, and financial reports.
* Developed multiple web-based applications in ASP and PHP to support Customs’ operations including a “Helpdesk” and “Configuration Control Board”.
* Appointed Project Manager to gather/document requirements, outline implementation and test plans, and be responsible for the timely delivery of multiple applications.
* Programmed Visual Basic .NET applications to assist in the maintenance of network drives and the enforcement of network policies thereof.
* Installed, configured, deployed, and administered users’ Windows desktop workstations.
* Supervised design upgrades and enhancements to US Customs’ Lotus Notes Applications.
* Served on the US Customs’ Technical Review Committee (TRC) to decide which software packages and technologies would be approved for use within the US Customs service.
Senior Internet Application Fairfax, Virginia
Developer and Team Leader
* Designed, Developed, Implemented, and Maintained specialized internet applications using a variety of technologies including ASP, Perl, PHP, MySql, MS Access, and SQL Server.
* Lead the adaptation of Diamax Content Management applications to multiple technologies.
EYECAST 2000 - 2001
Senior Webmaster and Herndon, Virginia
Web Development Supervisor
* Managed teams consisting of server administrators, programmers, and web developers to deliver various web-based applications and functionality for corporate and customer use employing ASP, VB Script, CSS definitions with DHTML, and SQL.
* Created and supervised operations of the company’s Intranet Web Portal.
UUNET Technologies 1998 - 2000
Senior Webmaster Fairfax, Virginia
* Designed the framework for Systems Engineering's Apache-based Intranet Web Server.
* Produced custom internal multimedia movies.
TRW 1996 - 1998
Webmaster / Software Engineer Merrifield, Virginia
* Designed and Implemented the IRS TSM Desktop in Java.
* Conducted HTML training seminars.
Loral AeroSys/Lockheed Martin 1994 - 1995
Associate Programmer Seabrook, Maryland
* Assisted in the Programming of a real time monitoring system for the Hubble Space Telescope using the graphical development software "LabView".
* Appointed Principal Network Administrator of the Central Intercommunications System for the new Hubble Telescope Ground System.
* Produced multiple internal Web portals for NASA.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer, February 2013.
* Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) Visual Studio 2010 Team Foundation Server, Administration, October 2012.
* Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) .Net Framework 2.0 Windows Applications, May 2008.
* Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), July 2006.
* Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), July 2006.
* Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST), June 2006.
* Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), June 2006.
* Macromedia Certified DreamWeaver Developer, November 2002.
* Macromedia Certified Web Site Developer, September 2001.
* Macromedia Certified Professional, September, 2001.
* Certified Intranet/Internet Professional, September, 1999.
* Sun Microsystems Java 1.1 Programmer Certification (SCJP), February 1998.
* Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, 1996.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia.
Minors: Mathematics, History
* "GI Delivery Award Excellence Winner", Unisys Corporation, “completed Western Australia's Public Trustee upgrade ahead of schedule, exceeding client expectations, delivering quality results, and meeting or exceeding financial targets”, May 2009.
* "Team for Speed", Unisys Corporation, “for willingness to assist where needed and demonstrating Team Spirit”, May 2008.
* "Certificate of Recognition", Unisys Corporation, “for having been identified by Unisys Customers as a contributor to their business success”, 2004.
* "Bronze Recognition Award", Unisys Corporation, "In recognition of your exceptional achievement and contribution to the success of Unisys.", March 2004.
* "Certificate of Appreciation Achievement Award", U.S. Customs and Border Protection Office of Information & Technology, "in appreciation for your outstanding contributions to the Program Monitoring Group", February 2004.
* "Certificate of Appreciation Achievement Award", U.S. Department of Homeland Security, "in appreciation for your outstanding contributions to the Technical Support Team", January 2004.
* Letter of Commendation, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Department of Homeland Security, "having consistently provided expert technical assistance and support to Customs and Border Protection (CBP). He continues to demonstrate a very high level of expertise in the areas of web programming, database development, Visual Basic programming, and a host information technology applications. He is dependable and very thorough in his work. In addition to his professionalism, he is a pleasant person to work with, always ready with a smile or laugh. He exemplifies the highest level of dedication to the CBP mission and is well deserving of recognition by CBP.", January 2004.
* "Certificate of Achievement and Appreciation", U.S. Customs Office of Information Technology Program Monitoring Group, "in appreciation for your outstanding contributions to the Technical Support Team", January 2003.
* Letter of Commendation, US Customs Service, December 2002, "having made incalculable contributions to OIT and to the US Customs Service. He personifies the qualities of an ideal employee who inspires everyone he meets with his positive attitude, generosity of spirit and extraordinary talent. His qualifications have been clearly evident to all with whom he works and have resulted in his continually being relied upon to produce timely, well-thought-out, and very high quality work."
* "Employee of the Month Award", EYECAST, October 2000.
* "Wizard of the Week Award", EYECAST, "for helping other departments and fellow employees complete projects on extremely short notice with tight deadlines.", May 2000.
* "Outstanding Performance Award", UUNET Technologies, June 1999.
* "UUNET Customer Service Award", UUNET Technologies, "for going above and beyond the call of normal duty, presenting a creative or non-standard solution, and demonstrating exceptional follow-through or dedication.", October 1998.
* "Best Theatrical Presentation & Future Product Award", UUNET Technologies, September 1998.
* "TRW Special Employee Award", March 1998.
* "Best of Campus", May 1996 by the Internet Board of MDL Inc., "for recognition of college students' 'superior' web pages."
* Previously held a U.S. Customs and Border Protection Background Investigation Clearance.
View my Microsoft Transcript online: